We are looking for an experienced, professional VDA/Vehicle Damage Assessor to join our award winning team in a busy body shop.
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic about their work and be knowledgeable with the latest work methods and have a great understanding of Audatex.
The successful candidate will be confident speaking face to face with customers, have a good telephone manor and be smart in appearance. The VDA must have a flexible approach to the role and the business needs and be able to adapt when needed to help Scuff N Scratch Solutions move forward.
As well as being able to compile accurate assessments both digitally and manually, the VDA must be a great team player as they will liaise with the Office Manager and Workshop Manager regarding all jobs and help keep the flow of work steady for the workshop – along with being able to give advice to technicians. The VDA will report directly into the Company Director.
Customer satisfaction is a key focus for Scuff N Scratch so setting customers’ expectations and explaining the repair methods correctly is vital.
We’re currently looking to move the business forward and need the candidate to be able to help to grow the insurance side of the business by working with the insurance companies to gain authorisation for the work via Audatex . Ata qualified would be great advantage but not essential. The candidate must have an extensive work background in the body shop industry – Ideally in a busy accident repair centre.
Job – details – Vehicle Damage Assessor
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage, give cost of repairs and time scales to customers.· Assess damaged vehicles through emailed images and liaise with customers via email
- Help manage the diary system and work with workshop manager to keep steady flow of work through the workshop
- To identify the correct prescribed repair method and to set customer expectations of work to be carried out.
- To convert walk-in retail customers to have work carried out through their insurance company when necessary and build a rapport with them . Explain the process of making a claim and collect the relevant information for us to carry out the work.
- To prepare computerised and manual estimates, maintaining up to date records of all estimates.
- To liaise with different insurance companies, collect authorisations for us to carry out work and to communicate with technicians on what work is to be carried out.
- Help with quality control and making sure all aspects of the job have been covered before hand over to customer.
- Help management with day to day dealings with customers and ensure they have a positive experience.
Job Experience –
- Ata qualification or be a time served technician
- Experience in body shop or accident repair environment
- VDA/ Vehicle damage Asser experience
- Customer service background
You will need to demonstrate –
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- The ability to work on your own and be involved with a small team (11 people)
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good organisation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- The ability to keep up to date with all new modern methods of repair